Crime & Safety

How to Report Fireworks in Metro Fire’s Jurisdiction

The Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District (Metro Fire or the District) would like to reaffirm how residents, visitors, and other community members within our area can report illegal fireworks activity, the unsafe use of ANY fireworks, and emergency incidents as we lead into the Fourth of July weekend.

Throughout the Sacramento Region, there are differences based on the jurisdiction where a report is being made. Specifically, to report the use of, possession of, or any knowledge of those attempting to sell or purchase illegal fireworks in unincorporated Sacramento County, the City of Rancho Cordova, or the City of Citrus Heights the local law enforcement agency should be contacted at their non-emergency number as provided below or an email should be sent to Those who are unsure of the jurisdiction they are reporting within can also call 311.

Local Law Enforcement Non-Emergency Numbers:
Sacramento County (unincorporated): (916) 874–5115
City of Rancho Cordova: (916) 362–5115
City of Citrus Heights: (916) 727–5500
Email for all areas within Metro Fire:

*If an injury has occurred or a fire has started, 911 should be called immediately.

Support local journalism.

Now more than ever, the survival of local journalism depends on your support. Our community faces unprecedented economic disruption, and the future of many small businesses is under threat, including our own. It takes time and resources to provide this service. We are a small family-owned operation, and we will do everything in our power to keep it going. But today more than ever before, we will depend on your support to continue. 

Click here to Support the Rio Linda Messenger today. 

You rely on us to stay informed and we depend on you to make our work possible.

AdBlocker Message

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.