The Sacramento County Department of Transportation will conduct overnight closures of I-5 at the Metro Air Parkway interchange construction project November 13 and 14. In conjunction with Caltrans, the closures will allow construction crews to perform work over the northbound and southbound lanes. Closure of the northbound direction will occur Friday, November 13, and the southbound closure will occur Saturday, November 14. Vehicles will be detours during the closures.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2020
- NORTHBOUND I-5 Closure from 10 p.m. Friday night thru 4 a.m. Saturday morning
- The detour will be to divert traffic off northbound I-5 to the new Metro Air Parkway off-ramp and back onto I-5 on the new Metro Air Parkway on-ramp.
- There will be another closure at the southbound 99 connector to I-5. Traffic will detour to the Del Paso Road exit and then back onto northbound I-5.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2020
- SOUTHBOUND I-5 Closure from 11 p.m. Saturday night thru 6 a.m. Sunday morning
- The detour will be to divert traffic off of southbound I-5 to Airport Boulevard and proceed onto Bayou Way, then left on Power Line Road, then right on West Elkhorn Boulevard to SR-99 south to I-5 south.
- Westbound Bayou Way between Power Line Road and Airport Boulevard will also close to facilitate the freeway detour.
The $17.9 million project will build a bridge over I-5 and was expected to be completed in spring of 2020.