At this difficult time, you may have many questions about what to place in your loved one’s obituary. Here are a few helpful suggestions to help you.
Publishing an obituary is usually an early step after a loved one passes away. Here are elements that are typically included:
- Deceased’s full name (required)
- Years of birth and death (required) and months (optional)
- When and where the funeral or memorial service will be held (if applicable)
- Names of family members, both surviving and predeceased (optional)
- Chronology of major life events (optional)
- Major life achievements and awards (optional)
- Where flowers can be sent or charity donations made (optional)
Obituaries can also have different writing styles that you can match with the personality of your loved one:
- Efficient (i.e. short and succinct)
- Lengthy (for those that loved to tell a good story!)
- Self-written (for those that want to control the narrative of their own life)
For more help, please take a look at https://www.loveliveson.com/obituary-examples/
Go to the full page to view and submit the form.