Seems like it’s been forever in the making… well, it’s been a century in the making but finally it’s here!
The Rio Linda Centennial Celebration!
This weekend, Rio Linda celebrates 100 years of chickens and ducks, hardpan and hard luck. October 5th to October 7th will see events all over town, from the Dry Creek Ranch House to the Community Center, Depot Park, Historical Firehouse, and bike trail along the old Sacramento Northern right-of-way.
Friday, October 5th
Friday Night Fire – Community Event
5:00-7:00pm @ Historic Dry Creek Ranch
6852 Dry Creek Rd. in Rio Linda
♦ ♦ Join World Champion Mounted Shooter Jerry Bestpitch of JP Ranch for a Fireside Chat ♦ ♦
- Cowboy Stories
- Free Hot Chocolate
- Miss Rio Linda Songs
- Free Smores
- Historic Story Telling
- Free Hayrides
Saturday, October 6th
- 7:00am-9:00am CENTENNIAL PANCAKE BREAKFAST
@ Community Center – 810 Oak Lane
- 8:45am-9:00am ARCH RENOVATION RIBBON CUTTING
@ the Arch
- 9:00am CENTENNIAL PARADE
Down M Street to Curved Bridge Rd.
- 8:30am – 7:00pm CENTENNIAL BIRTHDAY BASH
@ Depot Park
- 6:30-7:00pm RIO LINDA CENTENNIAL LIGHTING CEREMONY
Depot Stage @ Rio Linda/Elverta Bike Trail
Main Stage Agenda
Depot Stage & Surrounding Area
- Vendors and Activities
- Opening Ceremonies
- Color Guard Presentation – Rio Linda JROTC & American Legion #521
- National Anthem – Miss Rio Linda
- Welcome Address & Dignitaries
- Presentation of Parade Awards
- Birthday Cake
- Music & Live Entertainment
- David Anthony DJ
- Bluez Hounds
- Miller High Light Band
- 1-4-5 Club Blues & Beer Garden
- Historical Display inside the Depot
- Bike Zone Activities & Raffle
Kids Zone Agenda
Community Center & Surrounding Area
- All Day Kid Zone Activities
- Free Bounce Houses
- Free Face Painting @ Rio Linda True Value
- Free Train Rides
- Free Arts and Crafts
- Free Carnival Games
- Free Sno-Cones
- Free G-Factor Gaming Truck (12-2pm)
- Balloon Twister Clown (11-2pm)
- Robo Party Band (2-6pm)
- Kids Music & Live Entertainment
- D.J.A.S. Enterprises DJ
- Ray Ray’s Interactive Children’s Music
- Jeff Cowen DJ
- Live Robot Show
Sunday, October 7th
Depot Stage under the Main Tent (Please bring lawn chairs – seating is limited)
Time Capsule Burial Ceremony
@ Xeriscape Garden – South End of Depot Park
Please help support local journalism.
Now more than ever, the survival of local journalism depends on your support. Our community faces unprecedented economic disruption, and the future of many small businesses is under threat, including our own. It takes time and resources to provide this service. We are a small family-owned operation, and we will do everything in our power to keep it going. But today more than ever before, we will depend on your support to continue.
Click here to Support the Rio Linda Messenger today.
You rely on us to stay informed and we depend on you to make our work possible.