One-hour appointments available Thursdays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Sacramento Public Library now offers computer appointments at select locations Thursdays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. This service is available in addition to curbside pickup and returns. Patrons can schedule a one-hour computer appointments by calling Customer Service at (916) 264-2920 or (800) 209-4627.
Library locations currently offering computer appointments include:
- Arcade Library
- Galt – Marian O. Lawrence Library
- Martin Luther King Jr. Library
- North Highlands-Antelope Library
- Southgate Library
- South Natomas Library
Library locations opening for computer appointments starting September 24 include:
- Colonial Heights Library
- Elk Grove Library
- McKinley Library
- Robbie Waters Pocket-Greenhaven Library
- Rancho Cordova Library
- Rio Linda Library
- Sylvan Oaks Library
- Walnut Grove Library
How do I schedule a computer appointment?
Library cardholders can schedule a one-hour computer appointment by calling Customer Service at (916) 264-2920 or (800) 209-4627.
A library card number is required to complete your reservation. If you do not have a library card, you may request one online or call (800) 209-4627 for assistance.
When are computer appointments available?
One-hour computer appointments are available Thursdays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at select library locations. (See list above)
What can I expect when I visit the library for my appointment?
At this time, the library is offering limited services with reduced contact to help slow the spread of COVID-19 including computer appointments and curbside pickup and returns.
- Face coverings are required at all times for anyone two years or older
- We are practicing social distancing – observe all signage and markers
- Check-in starts 10 minutes prior to your appointment
When you arrive for your computer appointment, form a line in the area indicated. Be sure to wear a face covering and observe social distancing guidelines. Ten minutes before your appointment, library staff will check you in for your appointment, review library use guidelines and assign you a computer. Library staff will remind you when the final ten minutes of your computer time remains.
Only one person can enter the building per each appointment. If you need to make special arrangements due to childcare or an accompanying caregiver, please contact the library at (916) 264-2920. If you arrive at the library with additional persons without previous arrangements, we will need to reschedule your appointment.
Please know that there will be limits on the number of people in the library and how you can use the library. The safety and health of our patrons and staff is our priority. Thank you for following guidelines and for your patience and flexibility as we move through this time together.
What safety measures are being taken at the library?
We will be following public health recommendations for health and safety of our patrons and employees. We are taking a number of precautions to limit personal contact and follow social distancing guidelines:
- All staff and visitors two years or older are required to wear a face covering that covers their nose and mouth. If you do not have a mask, we will provide disposable masks
- The occupancy of our locations is limited based on square footage
- Appointments are scheduled to ensure sufficient time for cleaning between appointments
- Seating has been reduced and patrons are asked not to congregate
- Computer stations are arranged in compliance with social distancing guidelines
- Signage and markers provide social distancing reminders
- Returned library materials are quarantined for 96 hours
- High-touch areas are frequently cleaned
- Hand-sanitizing stations are provided and frequent hand washing is encouraged
Please help us keep our staff and others safe by:
- Staying home if you’re experiencing symptoms of any illness
- Wearing a face covering that covers your nose and mouth, which is required for all patrons two years or older. We will provide disposable masks if you don’t have one.
- Washing or sanitizing your hands frequently
- Maintaining at least six feet of distance from staff and other patrons
- Respecting social distancing guidelines and keeping your visit short
- Following the instructions of library and security staff
Are printers available for use during computer appointments?
Yes. And to reduce contact, printing during your appointment is free of charge.
Can I make a computer appointment if I have outstanding fines?
Yes. You may still make an appointment and we will override the fines. Please call Customer Service (800) 209-4627 for assistance.
What happens if I was scheduled for a computer appointment, but I missed my window?
You may still take advantage of your appointment if you arrive late, however, your appointment end time will remain the same. Please let us know if you would like to schedule a new appointment.
Can I drop off materials at any time?
You may return library items at any time in the designated receptacle during branch hours of operation. Book drops are not available at this time.
Can I drop off donated materials?
No. At this time, we are not accepting any donations including the Book Den.
Why only these locations?
These locations were selected based on facility and staff readiness.
Will computer appointments be available at all library locations?
We are working to expand this service to as many branches as soon as possible and in a safe, coordinated and phased effort.
When will all in-person library services and full public access to library facilities resume?
We are working to restore all library services and access soon as possible in a safe, coordinated and phased effort. We appreciate your patience.