Governor Gavin Newsom announced on July 13 that all counties on the State’s County Monitoring List for three consecutive days are required to shut down certain industries and activities unless they can be modified to operate outside or by pick-up. Sacramento County is on the Monitoring List, and the following industries/activities are to shut down unless they can operate outside/via pick-up:
- Fitness centers
- Worship services
- Offices for non-essential sectors
- Personal care services, like nail salons, body waxing and tattoo parlors
- Hair salons and barbershops
- Indoor Malls
This is in addition to the sectors that previously shut down indoor operations on July 2:
- Bars/Brew Pubs (only in conjunction with sit-down, outdoor meals)
- Movie Theaters
- Family Entertainment Centers
The amended Public Health Order goes into effect at 3 p.m., July 14.
For questions about the Public Health Order, call the Public Health hotline at (916) 875-2400.
For more information about the County’s response to COVID-19, visit Sacramento County’s COVID-19 webpage.