*Please note that our curbside hours of operations have changed.
Hours and Locations
- Curbside service is available Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Arcade, Arden-Dimick, Belle Cooledge, Carmichael, Central, Colonial Heights, Del Paso, Elk Grove, Franklin, Fair Oaks, Galt-Marian O. Lawrence, Martin Luther King, Jr., McKinley, North Highlands-Antelope, North Sacramento-Hagginwood, North Natomas, Rancho Cordova, Rio Linda, Robbie Waters Pocket-Greenhaven, Southgate, South Natomas, Sylvan Oaks, and Valley Hi-North Laguna locations.
- Isleton Library curbside service is available Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Nonie-Wetzel Courtland Library curbside service is available Wednesdays and Fridays from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Walnut Grove Library curbside service is available Tuesdays through Saturdays from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Ella K. McClatchy Library and Orangevale Library are not available for curbside service at this time.
How it works
Patrons can visit their library location during curbside hours once they receive a notice that their holds are available. When you arrive, text us at the number posted on the curbside pickup sign and staff will prepare the materials. We will text you when your items are ready at the pickup table. Patrons may also return items in the bin designated for returns during hours of operations.
Please note that book drops are not available at this time, and no donations are being accepted.
Materials will be checked out to patrons for six weeks with no overdue fines applied to these materials. Wait times for holds placed online may take longer than usual for pickup as we have a large backlog. We appreciate your patience.
If I had already scheduled an appointment, do I have to wait to pick up my materials?
While you are welcome to visit during your appointment time, you don’t have to wait until that date. You can visit your library at any time to pick up your materials curbside. Text us when arrive and we’ll prepare your materials. We will text you when your items are ready at the pickup table.
How do I return items?
Patrons can return library materials during our hours of operation in the designated bin. Please note that book drops are not yet available for use. Returned items will be placed in quarantine for 96 hours and will not be checked in immediately. Items may take up to a week to clear from your account.
When are my materials due?
We will check out all materials to patrons for six weeks. Please note that we have just extended all due dates to September 15. You can return your materials earlier if you are done enjoying them.
How do I place an item on hold?
To place a hold on library materials:
- Log in(Opens in a new window) to your library account using your library card number and pin
- Search for items in the Catalog by entering titles or genres in the Search window
- Select Place Hold
Wait times for holds are currently longer than usual. Thank you for your patience.
How can I find my library card number?
Your library card number is a 14-digit number that can be found on your library card. If you are logged in to My Account, you can find your library card number on the Account Settings page. For assistance, call our Customer Service hotline (916) 264-2920.
How can I pick up my materials if I do not have a mobile phone or cannot text?
Call Customer Service at (916) 264-2920 in advance to advise us when you wish to pick up your materials.
What should I do if I have a question regarding my curbside pickup while I’m at the branch?
Call Customer Service at (916) 264-2920 if you have a question when you arrive at pickup.
Can I drop off donated materials?
No. At this time, we are not accepting any donations including at the Book Den.
What safety measures are being taken for the public and staff?
We will be employing social distancing and public health recommendations for operations. Library staff have been trained on COVID-19 and ways to prevent its spread including the practice of wearing face coverings and safe handling of materials prepared. This includes placing all returned items in quarantine for 96 hours and placing items at the curbside pickup table to reduce contact. We are also providing staff with face coverings, gloves, etc.