Twin Rivers’ Nutrition Services team has distributed 23,350 Grab-and-Go meals for students from March 17-20 amid school closures, social distancing, and stay-at-home orders for California residents. The need is great and beginning Tuesday, March 24, the district is adding six more sites—for a total of 16 schools and two community sites. The meals are free and include lunch and the next day’s breakfast, Tuesday – Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The drive-thru pick-up sites include:
- Madison Elementary, 5241 Harrison St.
- Northwood Elementary, 2630 Taft St.
- Oakdale Elementary, 3708 Myrtle Ave.
- Orchard Elementary, 1040 Q St., Rio Linda
- Pioneer Elementary, 5816 Pioneer Way
- Regency Park Elementary, 5901 Bridgecross Drive
- Foothill High School, 5000 McCloud Drive
- F.C. Joyce, 6050 Watt Ave.
- Grant West Campus, 1221 South Ave.
- Highlands High, 6601 Guthrie St.
- Harmon Johnson, 577 Las Palmas Ave.
- Norwood Junior High, 4601 Norwood Ave.
- Ridgepoint Elementary, 4680 Monument Dr.
- Rio Linda High, 6309 Dry Creek Road, Rio Linda
- Smythe Academy K-6, 2781 Northgate Blvd.
- Westside Elementary, 6537 W. 2nd St., Rio Linda
- Madison Apartments, 4901 Little Oak Lane
- Antelope Ranch Apartments, 7330 Watt Ave.